One HardRIB, one hull, loads of possibilities
The Steinsvik HardRIB is a boat with fantastic seakeeping abilities, which can also withstand a beating. Many will remember the HardRib name fondly, and it’s good reputation is the reason we kept the name. The new hull is developed in collaboration with Ola Lilloe Olsen, among other things known for his work on Palmer Johnson boats.
- Durable: The construction and materials make HardRIB a durable boat which can withstand a tough encounter with a dock or a cage edge.
- Minimal maintenance: With the boat's design and material, it is practically maintenance-free. Perfect for pro users.
- Longevity: HDPE has a life span of 50 years and retains its shine and shape for a long time. Any damage can be fixed with ease.
- Stability: The hull is built around the two pontoons, and the unique keel that ensures a dynamic boat, fantastic turning abilities and great stability.
- Recycling: HDPE is a 100% recyclable material. The entire boat can therefore be recycled.
- Unsinkable: The HardRIB is practically unsinkable since HDPE is lighter than water and the pontoons are filled with EPX.
There is a patent pending on the whole structure. The hull is built around the two pontoons and the unique keel tube which gives a dynamic boat. The hull is 46 degrees in the bow, 27 degrees midship and 19 degrees aft. This ensures fantastic characteristics when turning, stability and good fuel economy. Further the fuel tank is located below the water level to optimize stability.
The pontoons are constructed in 15 mm PEHD and the keel pipe 20 mm PHED. The chosen material and the thickness of it ensures that this is a boat that can take abuse and soldier on. It can take rough weather conditions as well a mooring on the cage or barge, day after day, and year after year.
Designed for the aquaculture industry
The HardRIB is a boat designed for the aquaculture industry, but with its rough appearance and robust solutions, it is a great tool for everyone from hobby fishermen to fish farmers. The boat is made of HDPE-100, which is recyclable, corrosion-free and durable. It is virtually un-sinkable and requires very little maintenance. All boats are machined and welded by approved plastic welders according to current standards.
Great cargo capacity
Cargo space is important and the boat is certified for up to 12 people, or up to 1600 kilo of cargo. Smart solutions for fastening and maximum utilization of load space relative to hull size ensure that you rarely need to make 2 trips.
Tested in Stadt Towing Tank
The design and hull has undergone extensive tests and CFD analyzes in the Stadt Towing Tank, perhaps the market’s most advanced laboratory for testing and verifying vessel seawater properties. It has been tested at several load conditions and shows good speed characteristics and carrying capacity both in quiet sea and waves. The tests carried out in confirm that the boat can keep high speeds even in rough waters.
|Light ship weight (w/o engine)||1100 kg|
|Max. permitted engine size
|Max. permitted no. of people||12|
|Fuel tank||300 liter|
- Targa bow
- Work lights
- Search light
- Wireless man over board device
- Maritime electronics: chartplotter, echo sounder, radar, VHF
- Jockey seats (Steinsvik or Ullman)
- Propeller protection
- Fishing rod holder
- Diving ladder
- Hatch in the side of the hull